Love to experience refreshing vibe post showers at the end of your day? With the body wash for men and women concentrating on clear, fragrant skin you must take note of its safer ingredients. That means a relief from harmful chemicals to cleanse your skin; as well as being aware of the goodness of elements that are beneficial for your regular shower. Taking a shower is both a physical and mental therapy; in that case you will want to know what you are using.
According to the skin types, the use of body washes can vary. The oily and sweaty skin types need more cleansing and the body washes are just for that. The normal and dry skin types too can use body washes, but with less stronger cleansing agents which can harm your skin. Yet there are certain chemicals, which should be avoided for the better protection of your skin.
Lookout for these Compounds
- Sulfates- such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) both of which are foaming agents and have similar harmful results on your body skin.
These both act as skin irritants and may seep in your skin’s texture. Then it modifies itself to other cancerous compounds.
- Propylene glycol is used majorly as a preservative for the body shower formula. It gives longer life to the product.
It’s excess presence in the body washes can be painful for your eyes triggering extreme dryness. At lower temperatures, the body wash components are safe from being frozen because of this compound blended in it.
- Triclosan which is an antimicrobial and antifungal agent in several body washes.
It can couple with the chlorine in tap water to form chloroform which is carcinogenic in nature. These are harmful for both the adults and children.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine is another foaming agent present in body washes that gives you a burning sensation.
If you think this sensation is soothing then you are wrong. It is because this particular compound can erode your outer skin cells through its itchy toxicity. If your body wash gives you a tingling feeling on application, make sure it is not enjoyed at the cost of your skin’s health.
- Parabens are used in cosmetic products and in body washes too, for being a good preservative and going with the antibacterial properties.
- Formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasing compounds such as DMDM Hydantoin have been banned in several nations for being linked to respiratory problems. It releases a strong smell and the expired body washes can release these gases too.
- Coal tar is carcinogenic in nature and could be found in the personal hygiene products such as soaps, body washes and other skin cosmetics as well. It actually slows your skin cell growth and thus prevents them from aging. That gives you a good glow. Yet the side effects outweigh this goodness in long term usages.
Body wash for men and women alike should be chosen with utmost care keeping in mind the skin types concerned. These should preferably not contain the above specimens for a safer experience in the long term. This is recommended for the carrying mothers as well. But with others, these components might be present in small quantities which at times is ignored by the users. It is always better to go for organic, vegan and harsh chemical free body washes, that have gone through trustable tests for better seals of certification on their products. So before you buy a body wash make sure it is dermatologically safe and secure for your body.
Regular cleansing of body skin saves you from the germ buildup and odour infestation. It is the healthiest part of the day which involves detoxification of your skin surface from sebum accumulation. And body washes are the perfect cleansing, foaming and aromatic skincare products. Trust scientific tests, dermatologist advice and chemists over the pleasing advertisement displays to get the right body wash for yourself.