As all savvy and plugged-in digital marketing experts know, video is the undisputed king of content. It’s been this way for a while, and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down. But what good is a great video concept for your fantastic product if you don’t know which video editing software to choose?
Videos might be the king of content, but you need the right software to edit your awesome clips. There are loads of different video editing solutions, though, and choosing the right one for your specific needs might seem daunting.
Luckily for you, we’re about to learn more about the top 5 video editing software solutions for 2022! Before we get to that, though, let’s look at what makes for excellent video editing software.
Essential Video Editing Software Features
You might be overwhelmed with the amount of choices, but you need to ensure that the following boxes are ticked before deciding on the best video editing software for your specific needs.
- Downloadable Programs – Some solutions require you to upload your content, and others are downloadable. Choose the downloadable option.
- User-Friendliness – Video editing software can be complicated, but some programs make it that much less complicated.
- Range of Features – You might want special effects for videos, the ability to change aspect ratios, filters and overlays, or various other editing options. Make sure you choose a solution that either has precisely what you’re looking for or, better yet, has the most extensive range of features to choose from.
- Value for money – It’s not about getting cheap software; it’s all about ensuring you get the most value from your purchase.
2022’s Top 5 Video Editing Software Solutions
Without further ado, let’s get to the top five! These are in no particular order, and you should choose the one that suits your specific needs best.
1 – Corel VideoStudio Ultimate
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate had an upgrade for 2022, and this Windows-based solution is better than ever. It’s one of the most user-friendly options and great for beginners due to its practical simplicity. With intelligent tools, premium special effects, and the usual masking and grading features, you can do it all.
- 4K video editing & 360-degree videos
- Superior color grading and video masking
- User-friendly & straightforward
- Layering might be a bit tricky for first-time users
- $59.99 per month with the current (and limited) 25% off sale
2 – Adobe Premiere Pro
We’re starting strong with one of the most well-respected products around. With massive features and powerful functions, you can’t go wrong with Adobe Premiere Pro. It does everything, and whether you purchase it as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud or as a standalone app, you’re winning either way.
- Robust professional features for photo editing
- Multiple format editing
- Creative Cloud options offer even more benefits
- Frequently updated feature set
- Filters, adjustments, and fixes
- Relatively affordable for what you get
- It can take a while to learn all the features, as with most robust solutions
- It works best with the Creative Cloud, which costs a bit more
- $20.99 per month for an annual subscription
- $31.49 per month without a yearly subscription
- $52.99 per month via the Creative Cloud package
3 – Adobe Premiere Elements
Another Premier option from Adobe, but not to be mistaken with our previous entry. Adobe Premiere Elements is a high-end solution that does all the standard stuff and adds a whole bunch of extras. It’s a professional solution that allows for both editing and organizing and includes AI features that can turn any video into a work of art.
- Highly advanced video editing features
- The broadest range of animations, effects, and other artistic elements
- AI Sensei technology for better editing
- Robust layering options
- Takes a bit of practice to master
- Pricier than other options
- Around $120 once-off
4 – CyberLink PowerDirector 365
One of the most popular editing solutions around for many good reasons. Highly intuitive and user-friendly, with all the features you need, this is an excellent option for video editors. In addition, due to the highly effective cutting and refining tools, CyberLink PowerDirector 365 is very popular with YouTube content creators.
- Superior motion tracking and stabilization
- Super-quick rendering and video stabilization
- Advanced features and 360 video creations
- Multicam functionality
- Some of the many features are a little tricky to master
- Free trial option
- $19.99 per month for the whole package
5 – Wondershare Filmora
Another massively popular social media and Youtube option. It’s one of the most user-friendly and simple tools and is probably the best value for the money. From motion tracking to custom animations and intuitive suggestions for effects, filters, and titles, Wondershare Filmora has it all. There is also a free version that does it all but comes with a watermark.
- User-friendly and great for novices
- Optimized for social media clips
- Great tools for resizing and adapting clips
- A free version with a robust features
- Not as many professional features as some of the others
- Free version available with watermark
- $51.99 per year for the whole package
If this hasn’t inspired you to get started with recording and editing your amazing content, then nothing will! But, as you’ve seen, there are some excellent video editing software solutions available, and hopefully, we’ve made your choice a little easier.