Eastern history has documented the medicinal use of cannabis for nearly 5,000 years. However, with the progression of the world, the use of cannabis has been cast in a negative light. Challenging subsequent prohibitions, opinions have been shifting over the past few years as more countries legalize cannabis.
As the world runs after physical fitness, mental health often remains neglected. Contemporary research has found that marijuana has a direct effect on maintaining mood balances. Current statistics suggest that cannabis works by compounding with the endocannabinoid system, or the ECS of the human body. The ECS aid our bodies to mitigate physical and mental pain, stabilize mood and appetite, retention capacity of the brain, emotional turmoil, stress response, and more.
Cannabis wins over depression: A fast-paced world with less time for oneself often leads to extreme stress and anxiety. The inability to express yourself or the failure to get accepted by society at large, often are the root causes of mental breakdown.
- When a person consumes the plant-based cannabinoids in cannabis, it triggers reactions that release Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. It is a psychoactive proponent that causes individuals to feel intoxicated.
- THC, when prescribed by doctors and taken in prescribed dosages helps to stabilize mood by eliminating negative thoughts.
- Cannabis improves your psychological capacities.
Cannabis reduces epilepsy seizures: Recent studies have shown that children suffering from Dravet Syndrome, which is the most severe form of epileptic seizures, have responded to medicinal cannabis. When traditional medicine like placebo has a less efficacious value, a controlled administration of cannabis has shown a statistically significant reduction in convulsive seizures. Medical marijuana in Colorado helps to alleviate such traumatic medical emergencies. Cannabidiol or CBD, a non-psychotic drug, benefits control and prevent seizures.
Cannabis treats insomnia: Lack of sleep always results in an irritable mood with disinterest in general work. A controlled dose of CBD significantly reduces sleep disruptions by eliminating wandering thoughts. Patients supervised under ECG (electrocardiogram) have shown a steady graph signifying a state of deep sleep or non-REM sleep.
- Cannabis is an effective medicine for sleep deprivation when coupled with healthy food habits.
- It helps to monitor proper breathing and assists those suffering from sleep apnea.
Cannabis as a curative remedy to PTSD: PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder is associated with traumatic events and is characterized by severe breakdowns, reliving of trauma, numbness with eventual loss of reality in extreme cases. SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) has been the conventional medicine, but not everybody prefers or responds to this treatment. marijuana seeds help in the process to terminate mood imbalances by reproducing stress hormones called cortisol.
- Cannabis tackles trauma by uprooting the source of evil.
- Plant-based cannabinoids induce the release of organic serotonin that eventually shields one’s mind from revisiting traumatic experience.
The use of cannabis, although a taboo in most parts of the world, has shown significant medicinal benefits. Governments must assist medical sciences to normalize the use of cannabis by implementing proper regulatory statures for the benefit of the common man.