Nintendo Switch v7.0.x1 has been hacked and the hack method is now going public. Do you also want to crack your switch and enjoy free games? Here is a complete guide for beginners who want to jaibreaker their console with custom firmware. There are types of CFW currently available: atmosphere, sxos, remix and rajnx, among them CFW sx is the only one paying the most powerful against, and three others are in the same free category whose stages of installation are Similar. So here we take the atmosphere and sx os as an example to teach you how to hack Nintendo Switch v7.0.x.
Install atmosphere v0.8.6 on Nintendo Switch v7.0.x
- Nintendo Switch compatible (first check if it’s hackable below)
- 128G micro SD card,
- A RCM Jig or modified trombone
- USB adapter to SD card
- USB cable type c
- Format the SD card in exfat
- Insert the SD card into the game console. The system prompts you to update to support this SD card. Accept it.
- Disconnect the network, remove all wifi passwords, put the console in mode
1) Prepare the necessary files on the SD card
Use the Kosmos to create your SD card files of your choice ,Link: https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch
Attention here, it is necessary to check the paylod Hekate which allows to backup the NAND.
I strongly advise you to backup the NAND of the console so you can eventually restore the Nintendo Switch system in case of problems occurred during hack switch.
In short, we must save the boot and the nand before injecting the payload. Here are the steps:
- turn off the console completely
- copy and paste downloaded files to the SD card. (One of the files in the hekate_ipl.ini file autoboot = 4 means automatically enter the system, for the first time hack, you correct it as autoboot = 0 then save);
- download and install the latest version of TegraRcmGUI on PC, then launch it
- Insert the jig into the right Nintendo Switch v7.0.x rail to the bottom
- Simultaneously press the power button and volume button + three seconds: at this time, the screen remains black and does not respond, but it should enter RCM mode;
- Connect the console with the computer via USB Type C cable, TegraRcmGUI software should display RCMOK
- inject the payload hekate as payload_hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin via TegraRcmGUI, click on inject payload
- The console starts automatically, enters the hekate interface, selects tools, backup, then backup the first boot0 / 1 and the third sys. After the backup, the backup file will be in the backup folder of the SD card. And once you encounter difficult problems you will be able to choose the restore option to restore the system.
- Return to the hekate menu and turn off the console
Unzip and copy the location of Atmosphere 0.8.6 files to the sd folder (unzip the kosmos.zip file to display the sd folder).
3). Inject the payload “Fusee-Primary.bin” to start
Link: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.8.6 (second link of this page)
- You can use homebrew Tinfoil to install downloaded .nsp games from my discord server (enter the album then homebrew launcher to find the Tinfoil).
- If you encounter the error during installation, you can install the KIP patches 2.0.0-6.2.0.zip (expand it in the ATM folder)
Install sx os v2.6 on Nintendo Switch v7.0.x
The sx os the best CFW currently because it supports many functions that other CFW do not have, such as Cheat, emunand, external hard drive, freeshop stargate nx etc. So even if it costs around 28 €, most users will choose it as CFW on the Switch and more, the installation of SX OS is the simplest:
- Charge your Switch completely or almost completely
- Set your Switch in airplane mode. (Or delete the Wifi connection)
- Turn off the switch and remove any micro-SD card.
- Download the latest version of SXOS from https://sx.xecuter.com/
Note: You must have an SX OS license code to play your backups of Switch games.
Starting in RCM mode
- Copy the Switch OS file (boot.dat) to the root of your MicroSD card.
- Put the card back in your Switch and leave it off.
- While holding down “Volume +”, press the power button. Nothing should now appear on your screen, the Switch is now in RCM mode.
- You will also need a jigou or something else of the same functionality to switch your Switch to RCM mode. It can be as complex as a 3D printed jig, as simple as a paperclip or a piece of paperclip.
Injection of the payload
- Run the TegraRCMGui on your PC.
- Go to the Settings tab and press the “Install Driver” button and allow the installation. (This will install the RCM Switch driver on your PC.)
- Return now to the Payload tab and connect your Switch, which should be in RCM mode, to your PC with a USB-C cable.
- Select the folder icon in TegraRCM Gui and navigate to the SX Loader file (payload.bin).
- Choose the Inject Payload button and your Switch must boot under SX OS.
- On macOS, you can simply use the Web-based Fusée Launcher with Google Chrome. Do not try with any other browser because they do not support the necessary USB driver.
- I recommend using a USB-C to USB-C cable with your Mac for this purpose. I also do not recommend using a hub – it’s better to connect directly to your Mac without a hub.
- Select the payload.bin file you downloaded, and click “Do the thing!” If the Xecuter logo does not appear on the Nintendo Switch v7.0.x screen, try unplugging and reinserting the USB-C cable into the Switch, then press the “Do the thing!” Button. ” again.
- Note that this should also work in Linux.
- Download and install Rekado https://github.com/MenosGrante/Rekado/releases
- Use a file manager to find the apk that you downloaded and install reekado on your device.
- Connect your Switch to your phone via a USB cable in rcm mode.
- The SX Installer is well configured by default, but you can add your preferred payload file.
- Follow the on-screen notification and click on load.
Enable the SX OS license
- Click Boot custom FW on your Switch. Nintendo Switch v7.0.x OS will now create a license file (license-request.dat) on your MicroSD card.
- After booting, turn off your Switch and reconnect your MicroSD card to your PC. Go to the Team Xecuter activation website, upload your file from the MicroSD card (license-request.dat) and manually enter your license code.
- Click Retrieve License and the download of your new license file should begin.
- Copy the license.dat file to the root of your MicroSD card.
- Insert the card into your Switch.
- Note that you can also activate online with your Switch in SX OS without using the license-request.dat file if you prefer.
- You must now return the Switch to RCM mode and inject the payload.bin file again using a method mentioned.
For More Update Follow US on Instagram, Facebook.