Keywords: drop shipping, dropshipping business, mydepot.com, home and furniture, ecommerce platform, ecommerce integration, Shopify dropshipping, Amazon dropshipping
If you have decided to launch a dropshipping business with home and furniture goods, showcasing your products visually is very important for grabbing the attention of buyers. The majority of buyers check out visuals before making a decision and a product image (or video) can either make or break a sale. Additionally, major search engines like Google favor shops and sites that feature good quality and SEO optimized pictures.
The good thing about dropshipping is that you don’t have to take pictures yourself or hire a professional photographer to take product pictures for you. But, there are a few tips and tricks to showcase your offerings so that they are more attractive to buyers and search engines.
So here are a few tips to use images for your dropshipping products:
- Ask your suppliers for pictures of products at different angles. In most cases, your dropshipping platform will display pictures of the products on its website (if you are registered), allowing you to copy and use these directly in your Shopify dropshipping or Amazon dropshipping shop. However, if they don’t have enough pictures of the product/s on their website, ask the original suppliers of the products to send you some extra pictures at different product angles. Don’t just include one flat picture of the product–it often leaves buyers wondering if there is something off with the looks of the product and it looks boring.
- Look for images in buyer/user reviews. Product images submitted from other buyers on the web often are a great demonstration and proof of how the product looks in person. They are a great addition to your picture gallery as buyers are looking for peer reviews with images before deciding whether to buy something or not. On the downside, many of these pictures are unclear or low quality but you may find good quality and semi-professional pictures if you search in influencereview platforms or social media.
- Order a sample product and take pictures yourself. As mentioned previously, you don’t need to take any actual pictures of the product since most suppliers and buyers have pics of the products already. But, in some cases and especially when it comes to “active” goods, it’s best to order the product yourself and then take pictures. If you are good at taking pictures, there is no reason to hire a professional as long as you consider a few guidelines. Most e-commerce platforms e.g. Amazon requires an image resolution between 72 to 300 dpi and an image file size between 500X500 and 2000X2000 pixels. You can check image submission criteria on their website first to avoid rejection.
- Make edits if necessary.Regardless of whether you use existing pictures or take pictures of the products yourself, sometimes, you need to make a few tweaks before you publish them on your e-store. Common issues include low resolution, poor color contrast, inadequate lighting, and objects that ruin the picture. If the edits are major, you can directly make these changes from your computer using a simple image editing tool. If you don’t know photoshop, there are more user-friendly tools online to edit your pics. A simple image crop and lighting or resolution adjustment usually takes only a few seconds and is (usually) free. If you are in doubt, ask for a third party to review your pictures and make edits as needed.
- Enhance your images with zoom and extra features. Efficient and attractive product pictures usually have a few small but useful visual effects e.g. zooming in and out, 3d-angle views of the product, image size expansion, and instant click changes if the product comes in different colors or variations. These features may look like small details but they make a big difference when buyers are checking them out. Keep in mind that different people want to see different colors, sizes, and angles of the product and by adding these extras, you are contributing to a better visual experience.
- Optimize your images for SEO.As mentioned earlier, you don’t want your products to appeal to buyers alone but also to search engines. Image searches e.g. Google’s image search and Google lens have increased by more than 60% over the last few years and people are often checking out images before clicking on the link and reading the text that comes with the picture. Some good ways to optimize your images for SEO include:
- Using relevant keywords in the image file/title names
- Adding captions and alt tags (alternative image texts)
- Using only good quality and unique images
At Mydepot, we are proud to display top quality images of products that you can use in your integrated e-shop. We offer you one of the best eCommerce integration services on the web so you can integrate your Amazon, Shopify or Wayfair store with our platform quickly and easily.