The western world is searching for the new big thing in the field of mindfulness. It feels like you have tried everything, yet do not feel fulfilled spiritually. Poets and philosophers have long searched for the meaning of life and advised people to be more grateful in their day-to-day dealings. Here are a few ways that you may explore to find meaning in existence.
Live for Others: A lot of time, people are so caught up in their own little world that they forget to look beyond their insignificant problems. Yes, what you are going through might seem significant now, but see the bigger picture and try to find a different perspective. In the larger scheme of things, your little problems would not matter much.
- If you are repeatedly blamed for being too selfish or self-serving, maybe it’s time to pause and think why different people come to the same conclusion. Put a bit of extra effort to care for the ones around you. Learn to be there for your family and friends when they need you the most. These little acts of kindness will go a long way.
- There is a larger world of joy and sorrow that you are yet to explore. Find a cause and work effectively to bring change. If you love children, maybe volunteer time for an orphanage to raise fund. You may also check out different autism programs to work with charities.
Mindfulness: The world around you has gone insane with everyone buried deep in the social media. Hardly anyone has time to be mindful of their actions. To live a fulfilled life, break free from the shackles of social expectations, and see things as they are.
- Read books by experts on the field of mindfulness to get an insight into the workings of the human psyche. These thought-provoking books provide fascinating solutions to day-to-day dilemmas.
- Meditation is another way to ensure that your thoughts and actions are in working order. Practice a fixed time for meditation. There are guided audios that you may find helpful.
- Maintain a gratitude journal. Before you go to bed every day, write ten things that you were grateful for. It is believed that people with positive perspective tend to achieve more and lead a satisfying life.
Find Joy in Work: The meaning of life lies in being focused on the present and contributing to the improvement of others. You cannot be lazy or ignore your work to go on a journey for the true meaning of life. You will not find the truth in the middle of the dessert. The value of your life is here, with you at the present moment.
- Do your work with dedication and love. When you see your efforts yield positive results, you will find that your existence mattered in bringing positive changes to someone’s life.
- Studies found, those working in simple jobs in close association with people; have a higher job satisfaction rate than others.
Your existence is not measured by the amount of money you make or the job title you hold. You value lies in the experiences you have gathered and the love you have shared with the people you came in contact with.