Undoubtedly, dinnerware is the ultimate attraction of the dinner table. Moreover, it is much more than serving the favorite dishes. Stylish dinnerware sets enhance the aesthetic sense of the home dining environment. In addition, it helps to express personal style. Understanding the differences of the variant style and type helps to set the perfect mood for an elegant dinner party. The ultimate key is to select an item that matches your home décor and sustain for years.
Different types of dinnerware material
Before focusing on the pattern, color, and look of the crockery set, it is crucial to know the materials. Following is the list of different materials.
- Bone china: It is a durable and lightweight material with an elegant look. It is a perfect material for everyday use and special occasion. In general, bone china Stylish dinnerware sets are microwave and dishwasher-safe.
- Porcelain: this versatile material has a non-porous surface and is incredibly durable. Specific porcelain dinnerware sets contain metallic accents. On the other hand, the basic pieces are dishwasher, oven, and microwave-safe.
- Stoneware: These pieces have a specialized finish and glaze, offering a smooth texture. Generally, stoneware sets are more durable than other materials, family-friendly, and perfect for everyday use.
- Earthenware: It offers sturdiness and significant weight. To avoid unexpected temperature changes, it is better to avoid using them in the microwave.
- Melamine: Melamine dinnerware sets are perfect for outdoor use and suitable for microwaves and dishwashers. The shatterproof and hard material is unbreakable and typically matches the casual dinner setup.
Choosing the perfect set of dinnerware
Now, it’s time to consider the variety of options. Considering the personal need, one can decide which dinnerware sets to purchase. The following points would help in finding the Stylish dinnerware sets for your home!
- Formal dinnerware sets are typically sold in five pieces: dinner plates, soup bowls, salad plates, bread plates, saucer, and teacup. Hence, it includes all the necessary pieces one needs at a dinner table.
- The dinnerware set includes multiple place settings covering the entire space of the table. Typically, common dinnerware sets have twenty pieces to serve four people. On the other hand, open stock dinnerware sets are sold partly. It is ideal for mixing and matching different pieces and creating a unique set.
- However, while customizing the dinner set, one must keep in mind having 12 pieces ensure proper accommodation to treat the guests presentably. On the other hand, going for four to fix pieces would also be fine for a casual setup.
- In terms of color, one must look for a versatile stylization. While a white dinner set is a perfect choice for formal and casual use, darker shades match the occasion and event.
It is all about personal style when it comes to decorating the dinner table! However, before choosing any of the pieces, one must also consider the storage space and special care for better durability. With various options, one can try out their unique taste and luxuriously treat the guests.